Way back when Dundee was first settled, there was nothing but trees and the Big Stream which still runs through town. After the Revolutionary War, the government gave parcels of land to the soldiers as payment for their service, and some of those parcels came from Dundee and the surrounding areas. The Harpending family was one of the first small families to move to the area that would become Dundee, and they built mills and small buildings. Over the years, other families came to Harpending's Corners, as Dundee was once called, and moved into these other buildings that the family built. Finally, in the mid 1800's, there was a contest to see what the new name of the town was going to be. It is from a Scottish hymn that Dundee got its name!
Town of Starkey | 40 Seneca Street | Dundee, NY 14837 | Phone: (607) 243-5410
Photography on site by Turn 6 Photos – T6P Website
Town of Starkey. All Rights Reserved.
Website Design and Hosting by: Edmunds GovTech